FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile     Log inLog in 
ORIGO Spirit Cookers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henrietta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: ORIGO Spirit Cookers Reply with quote

I am seriously considering fitting one of the above to my boat having just stripped out the old (& potentially unsafe) gas set up. Does anyone have any experience of them to share?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chameleon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one on my boat and can highly recommend them - once they get going (2-3 mins) the heat is all you need to cook. They are safe (just remember to fill them in ths cockpit and ONLY when they are cold) and very simple with not much to go wrong. Ideal for a small boat.

You will need a long lighter - a gas barbeque lighter is ideal - to reach down to the burner. Long matches can also be used but tend to drop inside and make a mess on the burners.

Do keep the circles of rubber that are used to seal the burners when the stove is out of use - When I bought my Dockrell, I didn't know what they were for and threw them away. They stop evaporation which has a slight smell in the vicinity - only a problem for the person sleeping that side Wink

Regards

Steve

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Henrietta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I have now bought one, the single burner, and can vouch for the comments you have made. I feel a lot safer as well.

John Roberts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.dockrell.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: