Dockrell 22 with drop keel removed.

K6pete

Dockrell 22 with drop keel removed.

Post by K6pete »

Hi, I have just joined the forum after lots of tries in past.? Anyway, I bought my old 22 about four years ago. I soon discovered the drop keel or dagger board was sized solid. I did not mess with it I just removed the lot. I now have lots of room in the cabin. She sails great and contrary to everything she still sails into wind. The only thing I have noticed is she gets lots of weather helm. This is not nice in a force nine. It cost me my rudder on one trip. With tow home by RNLI. Still. I have her sailing good now after a few other changes. She will hold her own course in any winds and on the odd times wind has dropped and she has come about, she just goes into a state off hoved too. Easter this week end and I shell be down Devon living on my house boat from tomorrow for the next three months. My 22, Misty Dove will be floated off her winter mooring and ready to go sailing on April 9th. Watch this space I shell be posting some pics soon. This is a link to one of my YouTube videos. From it you will find other videos. https://youtu.be/9SvfRinOzhc?si=BnjwhVpIagP0EqyN cheers guys catch you soon please comment here or on my yt site.