Which style/type/size trailer required for D22

admin

Which style/type/size trailer required for D22

Post by admin »

Hi I have just bought a Dockrell 22 lifting keel.

Her name is PaperMoon and has been at the Axe yacht club for a few years.
I wonder if you've seen the boat or know of her?

I am moving her to Gosport this spring, and attach some pics.

do you happen to know the weight of the boat at all? or what style/type/size trailer I could buy or use to transport it?

thanks

Sean
ShaggySK@aol.com
admin

Post by admin »

Sean

Thanks for your email.

I have not seen your boat but thanks for the photo. I'll put it on the website if that is OK with you.
The displacement of a Dockrell 22 is 2150 lbs and a ballast of 1000 lbs. I do not have experience of trailers but http://www.yachtsnet.co.uk or http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk may be able to advise you.
Is your yacht a twin keel, lift keel or both?

Dave
admin

Post by admin »

My wife and I went to Axmouth last week and saw a D22 at the yacht club.
I will place one of the photos we took on the gallery soon.
Please would you let me know if this is your yacht (Papermoon).

Dave
Narnia

Post by Narnia »

I've just bought a Dockrell 22 from John at the Trailer Sailer Centre having had two test sails in the harbour, and will be keeping her at Hayling Island. There appears to be a growing number of 22's in this area, perhaps we should all get together next spring to compare boats!

Derek
tantalus2

Post by tantalus2 »

I used to tow mine on a second hand 4 wheel home made trailer made in the dockyard from I section steel. It weighed a lot but was a largely flat bed with adjustable scaffold pipes in the corners and a central section for the drop keel. I recovered and took it home in the winter and back in the spring from Langstone with an old cavalier. But it was hard work and killed the car. The trailer brakes need constant attention as well. I used hayling trailers for bits. Still get my boat keel winches from there.