Spreaders

admin

Spreaders

Post by admin »

Hello,
I have recently bought an old(ish) Dockrell 22 (Vent de Mer) which has had a good survey and which, together with my sailing companion, I am currently refurbishing. I have a query which hopefully you may be able to answer, i.e. the mast has no spreaders and the boom no provision for a kicking strap. Can this possibly be right?
I look forward to you response with interest.

Regards,

Posted on behalf of David Brewer
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your email David.

The earlier Dockrell 22's (like mine) did not have spreaders or a kicking strap.

Is it possible to email a photos of your for inclusion on the website?

Where is it located?

Please could you post your query on our forum and maybe you can get further info such as modifification and when the designs changed. Registration is free.

Dave
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks David for your response re spreaders. We hope to be launching in early April and will take a photograph of the vessel on the water which I will then e-mail to you. The vessel is located at Millbeach Marine Club, Millbeach on the Blackwater in Essex.

Regards
David
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jim Lad</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by admin</i>

Thanks for your email David.

The earlier Dockrell 22's (like mine) did not have spreaders or a kicking strap.

Is it possible to email a photos of your for inclusion on the website?

Where is it located?
Ignore my previous message, I am using the forum for the first time. I share the boat with Dave and have a nice photo taken on it's mooring at Millbeach Marine Club on the R. Blackwater, which I will e-mail to the web site.
But I do have a query : despite having a lot of weather helm in a blow unless the genoa is furled down to about half or two-thirds, the boat does not seem to point as high as similar boats, does anybody know an optimum setting for mast rake? Some classes publish the length of the backstay setting as a guide.
Please could you post your query on our forum and maybe you can get further info such as modifification and when the designs changed. Registration is free.

Dave

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">