17 for sale

EmilyJ

17 for sale

Post by EmilyJ »

I'm thinking of selling my Dockrell 17. Its the later version with a built-in cuddy and is in good condition with the original trailer (+new suspension units and wheels). Curently on a mooring in Plymouth.

email for more details and pictures.
MJ

17 for sale

Post by MJ »

Is your boat for sale or are you still thinking? Please let me know if it's actually on the market and some details if you would. Many thanks

MJ
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Yes she is for sale.

Sail number 206, she is the 'cuddy' version built in 1990 I think. She comes complete with 3 sails including Spinnaker and is in good condition. She has the standard 'Lizard Trailer' company galvanised trailer which has just had new suspension units and wheels fitted.

I will take some up-to-date photos this weekend and post them on the site. Shes still at her mooring in Plymouth.

Barry
MJ

Post by MJ »

EmilyJ wrote:Yes she is for sale.

Sail number 206, she is the 'cuddy' version built in 1990 I think. She comes complete with 3 sails including Spinnaker and is in good condition. She has the standard 'Lizard Trailer' company galvanised trailer which has just had new suspension units and wheels fitted.

I will take some up-to-date photos this weekend and post them on the site. Shes still at her mooring in Plymouth.

Barry
MJ replies
I have never used a forum before so I have no idea how to give you my email address for further correspondence. If you know how please let me know and we can keep in touch
EmilyJ

17 for sale

Post by EmilyJ »

MJ - you can send an email from the 'meberlist' page (see above) and if you change your email option to 'show email' in your profile we can email you.

Th 'private message' facility seems to have been disabled on the site.

If you are interested in Emily J speak soon as I'm about to ebay her! :shock:

Barry
EmilyJ

Full details of Emily J

Post by EmilyJ »

She is a fairly standard 17 but with the addition of a Spinnaker, She has two in fact, a small one that came with her and a big one that I bought. The big one is a bit of a handful but great for light airs and excitement. I single hand most of the time so I've tried to make the spinnaker gear quite simple.

She has a single set of main and Genoa, the Genoa being on furling gear. Slab reefing on the main with simple line system. I have fitted a winch to make reefing the main easier. (bit of a back problem so I don't like to heave too much!)

She has an anchor and buckets, bailer, two bilge pumps - a whale gusher for the main under floor compartment and a little stirrup pump affair for a smaller compartment forward that sometimes fills with rainwater down the mast, fenders, boat hook and warps. I've also fitted a 'tiller hand' to help with single handing.

Engine is a rather tired Mercury 4 but seems to never want to die. Very reliable and starts most times on the second pull, but is known to start after the winter lay-up on the first pull! It also has a charge circuit as it's the Sailpower version so if you wanted to put a battery on for a depth sounder you could. I have a Garmin fishfinder that was a present last year so I want to keep it.

The trailer is a standard as supplied new but I found that the suspension units had corroded away (quite frightening really) so they have been replaced with new ones and new wheels. I refitted the tyres but they are beginning to perish. There is a complete new spare wheel and tyre so you'd only have to buy one tyre if you think it needs it. The trailer is unbraked so can be immersed to launch although it is a break-back and therefore it is possible to drop the boat on the beach. I've never tried, or had to try picking it up off the beach but in theory it should be possible.

She's a great little boat, safe for the family (she's named after my grand daughter) and perfect for shallows and creek crawling. The cuddy keeps all your kit and kids dry and you can even camp in her if you are so taken. She has a very old but repairable camping cover, a good cruiser style sailcoat and a worn-out cover that I don't use. (but can be a template) Being self-draining I leave her open with the sailcoat on and a purpose made cover across the cuddy.

Pictures can be had by emailing me.

I'm looking for around £3250.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Hi
Is this boat still available?
EmilyJ

Emily J

Post by EmilyJ »

Decided to keep her after all and bought her some new sails too. I also redesigned the rudder to get rid of the weather helm and moved the main to the aft deck to clear the cockpit for single-handing. All very satisfactory. :D